Next Generation Broadband
Central and Local Government bodies
Digital connectivity and participation plays a crucial role in the economic and social wealth of the nation, and in the welfare and life chances of the individual. The continuing commercial rollout of next generation broadband services provides improved opportunities for those reached, whilst potentially disadvantaging those left behind. Public sector intervention in addressing this gap has been a focus for central and local government bodies for some time and FarrPoint has played a central role across many projects through the provision of technical, commercial and project assistance.
Intervention strategies need to be thought through to target appropriate areas, model solutions and prepare costings, procurement of solutions need to be attractive to the market, and comply with regulations and state aid, and implementations must be managed and monitored to ensure delivery is achieved against target. The FarrPoint consultancy team has built up an extensive track record of experience across all these elements and continues to maintains its position through ongoing research into technical and supplier developments.
The FarrPoint team support broadband projects through a range of stages as follows:
- Defining intervention strategies that meet end goals and are attractive to the market
- Cost modelling of network infrastructure to plan interventions and set budgets
- Management of the Open Market Review process, analysis of data and mapping of intervention areas
- Developing procurement strategies and state aid clearance
- Developing tender documentation including evaluation methodologies
- Supplier evaluation and negotiations leading to support with contract award
- Implementation management including site visits and payment reviews
- Stakeholder management
The team has full cost modelling capabilities and internal GIS mapping support to compliment the technical and project consultancy resource.
Our support to public sector broadband interventions provide our clients with well managed, technically competent and compliant projects that drive best value from the marketplace and contribute to the improvement in digital connectivity and the associated socioeconomic benefits.